This course includes the 25 most effective doubles tactics that I personally use and teach to players from the USTA 3.0 level, all the way to Division I College Programs, and even professional players. Each tactic includes a whiteboard video lesson where I teach you how to execute it and the best situations to implement it, as well as real examples of the tactic being executed by ATP & WTA doubles teams.
In total, this course has 25 doubles lessons with over 50 videos that I guarantee will help you become a smarter doubles player and win matches easier.
You’ll learn the best tactics I’ve found for serving, returning, net & baseline play, and approach shots so that you’ll have a winning plan for every type of opponent you face.
My husband and I joined a league tennis team with friends... We have been struggling to find success and had started to describe it as brutal tennis since we felt very outmatched every time we were in the lineup.
We played one of those brutal matches 2 weeks ago and just felt defeated. My husband stumbled across your videos and we watched most of them. Your approach of talking through the mistakes of other players finally helped something "click" with us.
We went out today ready to crash the net, pinch the middle, and in general put more pressure on our opponents. We lost the first two points, but even losing the points I was so excited because I could see it working!
I am happy to report we WON THE MATCH! 6-3, 6-4
We give you and your videos all the credit!!
We just bought your available courses and wish we could do more to support your efforts in helping others improve. Your style and advice worked where hours of private lessons with coaches have not in the past.
We are really excited to feel like we are up-leveling our game. Thank you for what you do!
- Cyndy L, USTA 3.5 Doubles Player, Atlanta GA
"These proven doubles tactics work for club players at the 3.0 level, all the way up to the ATP & WTA tours. I guarantee they'll help your game."
- Will Boucek, ATP & WTA Doubles Strategy Analyst
25 Tactics That You Can Implement On the Court Tomorrow
The great thing about this course is that you can implement everything you learn immediately. Because you're learning tactics and not, say, how to serve, you don't have to go out and spend countless BORING hours practicing.
Instead, these lessons teach you:
- Where to hit the ball in certain situations
- Where to position yourself throughout the match
- Where to move based on what's happening during the point
That's all stuff you can do WITHOUT PRACTICE... and I guarantee you'll be shocked by how effective this can be.
By knowing where to hit, you'll force more errors from your opponents and set your team up for easy put-away shots.
By knowing where to stand, you'll help your partner hold serve easier, be in the right position for your shots, which will reduce your errors tremendously, and apply relentless pressure on the opponents.
By knowing where to move, you'll constantly be driving your opponents crazy. They'll be wonder why they can't get the ball by you!
I’m the 63-year-old guy (former 3.5 for years, then dropped to 3.0) who wrote you about my confusion on returns. Your suggestion has been tremendous advice! I’ve played against 3.5’s and 4.0’s (all doubles) since, and rarely miss getting the ball back in play. That has led to match success...
One of the 4.0’s got frustrated and told his partner “that guy keeps hitting a ‘nothing’ ball. I can’t do anything with it."
I wanted to let you know how good your advice ended up being in my case. (BTW, I’ve bought all your courses over the past few months; you’re the best!)"
- Greg S, USTA 3.0 Doubles Player, TN
Here are the tactics you'll learn
7 serve tactics that help you throw the returner off
- Including one play that drives the returner crazy and easily forces errors
- Plus my favorite tactic to use on pressure points
5 return tactics that apply pressure on your opponent's serve
- Learn the best locations to aim your return against each type of opponent
- One tactic that totally neutralizes aggressive net players or serve and volleyers
- The big mistake you probably make when returning down the line
5 net-play tactics that force errors and make you look like an all-star
- Even if you hate your volleys, these will help
- Two of the tactics help my students stop missing volleys and still end the point
4 baseline tactics to set up your partner and make the opponent uncomfortable
- These high-percentage plays will force errors from the opponent & set up your partner at the net
- My favorite tactic to use if the opponent has a weak player
- Another shot that I use all the time that has made my opponents angry at each other
4 approach tactics to make every short ball count
- Start approaching the net the right way and you’ll get easier volleys
- The reason club players miss way too many approach shots & how to fix it
- How to read the opponent (99% of club players don't do this) and choose the perfect shot to win the point
What does the course include?
Each lesson focuses on one tactic and includes:
- 25 whiteboard video lessons where I explain the theory behind each tactic, how to execute it, and the best times to use it.
- Video analysis of over 60 real doubles points with pro players executing the tactic - don't worry, the tactics work at your & my level too, they just happen a bit slower ;)
- Photos and diagrams to help further illustrate the strategies.
- Written explanation of what?, how?, and when? for each tactic.
- Useful resources including related videos and podcast episodes.
- Ebook version to add to your E-Reader or print and store in your tennis bag.
- Access to me directly! Below each lesson, you can comment with any questions you have about the tactic, a recent match you played, your doubles partner... ANYTHING. I will personally respond with my best advice, and might even answer in video form.
- Lifetime access to the course & all future updates.
- 30-day money-back guarantee - I promise you'll get more out of this course than you would a $60 private lesson, but if you don't feel the same, let me know for a full refund.
You really helped me look at things from a cerebral/strategy perspective.
Like you rightly pointed out in one of your podcasts and YouTube videos - for people at the recreational level - strategy would help immensely to make a difference in your game outcomes since there is no time to take endless lessons to improve stroke technique...
Keep up the good work. Your approach to playing and teaching cerebral tennis is appreciated - a paradigm shift.
Who is the course for?
These strategies work best for:
- Club level doubles players - USTA/NTPR level 3.0 and up. UTR level 2.0+ doubles players.
- Players who have decent technique but have never learned strategy because most coaches don't teach it.
- Doubles players who want to know where to hit the ball, where to stand, and how to move in every situation.
- Players who want to be smarter on the court and play more efficiently.
- Lose to players or teams you think you should beat
- Aren't sure where to move at the net or where to hit in certain situations
- Think about technique but never about strategy
- Don't go into a match with a game plan
- Feel like you don't improve during the match as much as you'd like
this course will help you!
Who This Course Is NOT For
This type of course isn’t for everyone. If any of the following describe you, then this is probably not a good fit.
- You’re a complete beginner at tennis and don’t have the fundamental shots down yet.
- You’re primarily a singles player, and not interested in doubles.
- You want help with technique - adding pace to your serve, or fixing your backhand (I do not teach technique in this course, only strategy & tactics)
You’re probably wondering why you should trust me to “coach” you. Fair question. Here’s a little bit more about me.
- ATP & WTA Doubles Strategy Analyst - I've worked with top 10 players on the ATP & WTA tours.
- I've helped doubles teams win matches at Wimbledon, Australian Open, US Open, Roland Garros, Indian Wells, WTA Finals, & more.
- Strategy Consultant for DI College Programs.
- Over 20 years of experience playing and coaching tennis.
- Former College Tennis Player, 4.5 Men’s and Mixed Doubles Champion in Texas (2017).
- I used these strategies to go 11-1 in 4.5 league in 2019, including 3-0 at USTA Nationals.
- Currently, I have an NTRP 5.0 Rating.
- Contributor for the Women’s Tennis Blog & Dartfish Featured in Tennis Congress, Tennis View Magazine, & Ontario Tennis Magazine (here).
- Writer & tennis data analyst for the Tennis Analytics blog Guest on the Talk Tennis Podcast, Broudy Tennis Podcast, Tennis Files Podcast, and Talking Tennis.
About The Tennis Tribe
I started Tennis Tribe in 2016 as a place to help myself and others improve their doubles game. Since then, it’s grown to what it is today...
- Over 100,000 visitors every month use The Tennis Tribe to become better at tennis.
- Over 3,000 people from around the world are signed up to our weekly doubles strategy newsletter.
- Over 200,000 views on YouTube where I create video lessons.
- Over 3,500 Instagram followers watch our weekly mini-lessons.
- Over 10,000 monthly Doubles Only Podcast listeners.
- 100's of written, video, and podcast lessons published.