I sent a survey out to doubles players around the globe asking them a simple question.
What is your biggest problem on the doubles court?
The most common answer... net play strategy.
This Masterclass is your ultimate solution to that problem.
- Lack confidence at the net.
- Want to become a force at the net but don't know where to start.
- Feel out of position, and are confused about what to do from the net.
- Don't know when to poach (or how).
- Are sick and tired of grinding out matches from the baseline.
- Feel like you let your partner down by missing volleys...
- Or worse, miss opportunities to finish the point from the net!
Keep reading 👇
"Your videos and advice have TOTALLY transformed how I approach doubles. It's not about playing from the baseline anymore!!"
- Gillian P. | Club Doubles Player, Vancouver Canada
Here's what one student had to say...
Have you ever faced an opponent who always seems to know where to be at the net?
As the baseliner, they're unbelievably frustrating to play against because you can't get the ball by them to save your life!
This isn't some God-given natural ability or some secret magic that they have and you don't.
It's simply a combination of skill, knowledge, and mindset. The good news? It's 100% trainable!
I know because I've made the transition over the last decade. From timid, afraid, and lacking confidence to aggressive, dominant, and frustrating as heck to play against (opponents have actually come up to me after matches and told me this).
And it's the type of net player you're going to transform into throughout this Masterclass.
Here's what you'll learn
This Masterclass is broken up into four parts so you can tackle each issue holding you back separately.
Part 1: Principles of Net Play Strategy
- Why should we even go to the net? I'm winning at the baseline just fine...
- The crucial differences between active and passive net players.
- Our #1 goal at the net... this is what so many doubles players get wrong.
- Why covering the alley is not only a bad idea but a totally misunderstood concept.
Part 2: The Mindset of Dominant Net Players
- If you aren't getting beat down the alley in every set, then you're doing it wrong.
- Why being timid at net is letting your partner down way more than getting passed down the line.
- How to read where the ball is going to cross the net.
- The one thing I tell all my new doubles partners before the match. They never tell me to "cover the alley" after I tell them this.
- Creating chaos, doubt, and uncertainty in the opponent's mind.
- Exactly what to look at during the point (hint: it's NOT the ball!)
Part 3: Developing Net Skills
- Drills you can do at home, with a doubles partner, or in your lessons to level up your volleys faster.
- How to get faster reactions & develop cat-like reflexes at the net.
- Why it's so important to pinpoint the types of volleys you need to work on.
- The reason you need to add touch volleys & drop shots in your game.
Part 4: Net Knowledge
- When & how to pinch, poach, fake, and yes... cover the alley.
- How to communicate with your partner at the net.
- Who should take the middle ball when you're both at the net?
- Everything to consider when deciding who should cover the lob.
- Specific tactics to use from the deuce & ad court that will crush your opponent's confidence.
Thank you so much for the suggestions and all your content! I have your e-book and your new course and listen to your podcast and have really learned so much from you.
My net game has gotten really good and my teammates and opponents have all commented on it...
Thank you again for everything you do!
- Amanda R. | League Doubles Player, California
Get started now!
What does the Masterclass include?
This Masterclass includes a combination of whiteboard video lessons, point analysis videos, and written content with images and diagrams.
- Over 190 minutes of Video Doubles Lessons...
- 25 Whiteboard Video Lessons where I explain mindset, drills, and tactics you'll need to master the net.
- Video Analysis of over 30 ATP & WTA doubles points studying elite, Grand Slam Champion net players.
- Written content with questions, explanations, and examples to really hammer home the ideas.
- Photos and diagrams to further cement these strategies into your mind.
- Extra resources like related videos and podcast episodes for an even deeper dive.
- Discount on my Net Play Strategy Ebook. The content is similar, but not the same. It includes 66-pages of net play gold.
- Access to me directly! Below each lesson, you can comment with any questions you have about the lesson, a recent match you played, your doubles partner... ANYTHING. I will personally respond with my best advice, and might even answer in video form.
- Lifetime access to the Masterclass & all future updates (more videos coming soon).
- 7-day money-back guarantee - I promise you'll get more out of this Masterclass than you would a $80 private lesson, but if you don't feel the same, let me know for a full refund.
What you are doing is unique. I only play doubles. I am 4.0/4.5 level & play or practice almost every day.
Your insights and especially your video examples are invaluable. Keep up the excellent tips & analysis. I take a lot of online coaching as well as live coaching and your material is up with the very best.
- John C. | USTA Doubles Player, Naples Florida
Who is the Masterclass for?
These lessons work best for:
- Doubles players who want a proven system for improving at the net.
- Club or league doubles players who want to feel more confident about their net game.
- College or pro-level players who want access to detailed analysis of top 10 ATP & WTA doubles players.
- Players who have decent technique but have never studied strategy or tactics.
- Doubles players who want to make their net game a strength instead of a liability.
Who This Course Is NOT For
This type of course isn’t for everyone. If any of the following describe you, then this is probably not a good fit.
- You’re a beginner and don’t have the fundamental shots down yet.
- You’re primarily a singles player, and not interested in doubles.
- You primarily want help with technique - hitting cleaner volleys, or fixing your overhead. I do review technique in this course briefly, but primarily focus on drills, mindset, and strategy.
You’re probably wondering why you should trust me to “coach” you. Fair question. Here’s a little bit more about me.
- ATP & WTA Doubles Strategy Analyst - I've worked with top 10 players on the ATP & WTA tours.
- I've helped doubles teams win matches at Wimbledon, Australian Open, US Open, Roland Garros, Indian Wells, WTA Finals, & more.
- Strategy Consultant for DI College Programs.
- Over 20 years of experience playing and coaching tennis.
- Former College Tennis Player, 4.5 Men’s and Mixed Doubles Champion in Texas (2017).
- I used these strategies to go 11-1 in 4.5 league in 2019, including 3-0 at USTA Nationals.
- Currently, I have an NTRP 5.0 Rating.
- Contributor for the Women’s Tennis Blog.
- Featured in Tennis Congress, Tennis View Magazine, & Ontario Tennis Magazine.
- Writer & tennis data analyst for the Tennis Analytics blog
- Guest on the Talk Tennis Podcast, Broudy Tennis Podcast, Tennis Files Podcast, Talking Tennis.
- Presentations at Tennis Summit & Tennis Con 7 alongside other world-class coaches like Gigi Fernandez and more.
About The Tennis Tribe
I started Tennis Tribe in 2016 as a place to help myself and others improve their doubles game. Since then, it’s grown to what it is today...
- Over 100,000 visitors every month use The Tennis Tribe to become better at tennis.
- Over 3,500 people from around the world are signed up to our weekly doubles strategy newsletter.
- Over 350,000 views on YouTube where I create video lessons.
- Over 6,500 Instagram followers watch our weekly mini-lessons.
- Over 12,000 monthly Doubles Only Podcast listeners.
- 100's of written, video, and podcast lessons published.